Conflict of Interest Guidelines for Reviewers
For purposes of your review and disclosure, you should consider whether, to the best of your knowledge, your review of the proposal will present any of the following conflicts for you, personally:
- Do you personally know the Applicant or any person related to the Applicant?
- Do you have a financial interest in a project similar to or competitive with that proposed by the Applicant?
- Do you have a financial interest in any business enterprise or academic research that may be materially affected by the project proposed by the Applicant?
For purposes of this policy, you should consider that a person has a “financial interest” in a matter if the person has, directly or indirectly, through business, investment or family:
- A compensation arrangement with a business enterprise, either as an employee or an independent contractor.
- An ownership or investment interest, or an employment relationship or other compensation arrangement, in or with a business enterprise.
- A potential ownership or investment interest in, or compensation arrangement with, a business enterprise.
- Any other compensation arrangement that includes direct and indirect remuneration or gifts or favors which are substantial in nature.